Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My turn...

So, the taquitos were a HUGE hit at our house! Sam, who is a picky little eater, couldn't get enough of them! Thanks for sharing, Kels.

Here's a yummy salad that I think you'll like! I found the recipe on this blog. I use this blog ALL OF THE TIME! I love it. Anyway, I made this salad for a ward potluck a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit! The dressing is really, really good! Let me know if you like it too! Love you all!

Chicken Poppy Seed Salad
Spinach leaves
Romaine leaves
Grilled chicken, sliced (grill with lots of lemon pepper seasoning)
Red onion, sliced thinly
Crispy bacon, crumbled
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Toasted almonds (or you can sugar the almonds. Put sliced almonds in a pan with lots of granulated sugar (about equal amounts). Cook on medium heat until sugar melts, coating the almonds as they brown.)

The best part... The Dressing:
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 Tb Maui or Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cups canola oil
3 Tb poppy seeds


Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender, then slowly add the oil, blending until thick. Stir in poppy seeds. Toss all ingredients together with generous amount of dressing before serving.

*This makes a lot of dressing! If you need a really big salad for a party then start with a large bunch of spinach, large head of romaine, 4 chicken breasts, 1 lb bacon, etc. I rarely make a salad that big so that is why there are no "amounts". So have fun with it - you're going to love it!

3 comments:

I'm Ally said...

I made this salad for a get together I had yesterday and all of the neighborhood ladies just loved it. Not really, but mom told me to make it for dinner tomorrow so I just might.

dockters said...

You totally should...it's deeeelish!

Kelsey said...

Yum! Sounds so tasty! Trev loves salad so i'm excited to try this! Thanks Linds